We’ve all come across this message of self-care 1,000 times before. While so simple, it’s stuck around for a reason, because it’s so true. Well, what if we rooted for ourselves the way mothers cheer on their own children? What if we showed ourselves the warmth and support our mothers have shown us? By adopting some simple daily practices, we can turn ourselves into our own biggest fans, every day.
Treat yourself – after all, you work hard! So why not celebrate all the little, everyday accomplishments with a treat every now and then? Whether you’ve achieved a long-term goal that you have been working toward or simply had the most productive day ever and crossed off everything on your to-do list, here are —– ways to treat yourself.
Remember, you’re worth it, and you deserve it!
1. Buy the prettiest flowers for you, go home, and make yourself a bouquet to admire all week.
2. Take a nap!
3. Throw a “me” party by yourself at home. Make your favorite drink, turn up your favorite song, and dance around the house.
4. Pack a healthy lunch or make your favorite dinner.
5. Plan a night out or shopping date with your friends.
6. Set up positive quote calendar alerts. Get rid of all those negative beliefs and self-talk with positive affirmations.
7. Write in your journal. Clear your mind of some of that mental clutter and dump it all out in your journal.
8. Go on a walk. Take a stroll in your neighborhood or along a local walking trail. Give yourself some time to think and get a little exercise in while you’re doing it.
9. Go to the fancy coffee place and order a full-fat espresso drink.
10. Take the afternoon off of work, grab that book you’ve been wanting to start, head to your favorite park, and spend several hours reading it.
11. Buy that piece of artwork you’ve been lusting after for months.
12. Spend some time with your favorite person, even if it’s just a phone call.
When was the last time you treated yourself? What’s your favorite way to pamper yourself?